View Single Post
Old 2008-10-05, 19:45   Link #3
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Daisuki View Post
Frankly, I'm getting sick of the spineless, indecisive, nose bleeding, weak, geeky, and otherwise useless male characters in romance animes. I'm looking for a romance anime with male characters such as Kyon from Suzumiya Haruhi, Okazaki Tomoya from Clannad, and Yuuchi from Kanon. Those would be the model male leads but I understand that they're hard to find so as long as he isn't any of the above, I'll accept it.
Perhaps this doesn't match your exact request, but I can suggest a series with a character who actively grows/develops throughout the series into the character you are looking for. Maison Ikkoku is a great, satisfying series in this regard. Downsides: It is an older series, and long (around 100 episodes). Still, there really isn't much more satisfying anime than this, from both a male and female development perspective.

In terms of later series...Kare Kano's male lead doesn't seem to share any of the traits you listed. Honey and Clover is also a great series with respectable male characters.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..