View Single Post
Old 2008-10-06, 01:54   Link #172
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
That's pretty much the way I feel. I don't think there's ever been a cero blast that's done any kind real damage during a fight. It's always pushed back, swatted aside, swallowed and spit back or just dodged. Cero's not that effective plus Getsuga tenshou looks cooler. But ever since Shinji used cero that one time I think everyone has wanted to see vizard Ichigo use it.
Well, whether or not Cero is useful in general is a moot point; can't really fault it for the times it failed in combat, i mean i think its more of a coincidence that each time it was used it was against someone who could deal with it; though i would fault Kubo for hyping it up as something powerful but never making it appear as such... all that really matters is whether it would be useful to Ichigo in particular... my point being, why would Ichigo use Cero when he has Getsuga?

Though granted, if their is a limit to how much power Ichigo can put into Getsuga, one could argue the possiblity that a cero blast might have less of a limit... as such a Cero from Ichigo could potentially be more powerful than his Getsuga... though that's a big if, since we don't know if their is such limits

Frankly, i think Ichigo would get a lot more use out of something like Yami's smaller blasts; the ones he used on Urahara... not very powerful, but simple and supposedly much faster than a Cero... might be good to get in a quick shot and create and opening during combat. Another thing that might be useful is something he can fire without the use of his hands like Cero from the mouth, or some kind of eye laser; locking swords with an enemy and blasting them from point blank is a classic and useful move