View Single Post
Old 2008-10-06, 10:29   Link #67
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
missingthepoint.jpg

Of course fansubbers usually do what they want. But he's saying that fansubbers can be more efficient if they're self-sufficient i.e. they don't need to rely on a leader, and they don't mind doing little things that are beyond the scope of their duties for the sake of the project. He's just answering the original question posed by this thread: which is better, leader or no leader?

This whole thread is basically about organizational culture as applied to fansubbing. What you're saying is basically labor unionism, where "it's not in my job description, so it's not my responsibility" is the rule. That's fine, but there's a reason why the American auto companies are getting their asses kicked while Japanese companies with plants in America are thriving.
Actually, I have not missed any point. What I'm saying is that fansubbing is created on an infrastructure based on mere interests. Surely, I can do most of the stuff, but does it mean that I want to do it? Or is it my obligation to do out of my job?

You're missing the point of this thread. I didn't ask: "which is better -- with a leader or without a leader [anarchy]?" I'm asking which do you prefer to be? Order people around, or do what you were told to do.

Here are the two completely different arguments, but the result is the same: motivations.

1. Do what you're interested to do.
2. Carry out your obligations, what you have to do, and your responsibilities.

I follow 1 as my standard, and he follows 2. Both have similar outcomes.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote