View Single Post
Old 2008-10-07, 00:51   Link #1019
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Well, have just got the time to listen OST2 and I must say, compared to OST1, this OST is a lot more... Orchestral than 1st one. Nearly all the BGM, which I surprisingly like (a surprise since I always thought ALL BGM in animes are crappy), arranged in orchestral instrument.

My favourites from the BGMs would be "Is this LOVE?", "Prologue F", and "Battle Frontier". Certainly though "Reminiscence Trumpet" reminds me of something... Was it from certain Xeno game...? Or Chrono Game...?Or probably KH...? Not sure, but it's a generic piece for me

As for the vocal songs...

Triangler Duet is a much better song than the original (Sorry, but I'm of the camp that Triangler is a screeching song for the original-Maaya fails to deliver the song properly for my ears). I prefer Megumi's vocal for this one-she definitely do give a better and clearer deliverance on the high part where Maaya sound like a screeching siren . May'n give more of a better support on this piece with her low-pitch voice, but that doesn't mean her voice don't impress me as much as Megumi's in the main parts My real disappointment is just the opening where May'n sounds so broken IMO.

Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse is a pure gem in OST2-more emotional than the original and the accoustic arrangement hit my spot. No more comments other than my definite favourite song in Macross F.

Yousei is beautiful. Nuff said. Out of all new songs that is introduced, it is my favorite. (SnDC is not really a new song, but a really beautiful arrangement of original DC) I admit some of the outros is really bugging me for a while, but it doesn't make me love the song less.

Anata no Oto actually catch my attention even though it gets a little repetitive upon hearing it so many times. But for me, Megumi's voice is actually quite soothing in the middle part.

Seikan Hikou... What can I say... It's my personal hated song. I just have a bad impression with the song since it is coupled with Kira! Dance (Blech, me hates Kira! like a disease- Someone in IRC bring to Kira! phrase & gesture into the same level of Basara's "LISTEN TO MY SONG" crap...). On the music though, it's very J-pop ish, so... Very ordinary song for me

Ao no Ether is very melancholic in the lyric, and Megumi DOES sound emotional even though it still has not reached May'n level. Beautiful yet melancholic piece, but not really have a memorable impression to me.

Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?~Bless The Queen... I actually like this arrangement more than the original one I can't say no to orchestral piece! Despite that gotta be impressed on how Megumi can sound emotionless for this piece.

Aimo O.C... Don't give a damn for this one But the upbeat part makes me give a plus point since the original Aimo is too soothing that I fell asleep

Nyan-Nyan Service Medley is what I call an exciting crazy piece of trainwreck. My favorite parts would be the transition from What Bout My Star to Lion-which I say perfectly done and The Diamond Crevasse Arrangement-Boy, one more emotional arrangement for DC! Though I admit the transition to Seikan Hikou killed all the melancholic emotions to pieces due to Kira! Phrase Oh and actually, Ai Oboete Imasu Ka? and Lion does not mix good... At all But a faster pace for it does bring a smile to me

And damnit! Gimme full Sheryl's Watashi no Kare wa Pilot and also Maaya's (and Sheryl's) Aimo, you evil producers! Those teasing is making me dead of frustration!

Overall, a good album-better than the first OST in its BGM term, and probably on the Vocal Songs. Originality though... Most of vocal songs are arrangements or have been released in Singles, so lose points in there. But as long as the arrangements is still beautiful, I don't think I will complain at all

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote