View Single Post
Old 2008-10-10, 13:33   Link #8
ElldenStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
On the use of GN particles in weapons. What's not really clear to me is if the various weapons are tapping directly into the suits generator thus having an almost infinite source of particles or are they stored in battery line devices (UC = e-caps). Now we did see the GN Flag have it's beam saber linked via cable to it's GN drive (ala Epyon).

It's a minor point but limited ammo was one thing that made the previous gundams feel more "real type" instead of "super robot".
Well, I'm not quite sure about the GN Flag. But for the other suits, I'm fairly confident that the Gundams for instance, would use their GN Particle Capacitors / Resevoirs as a type of buffer between the Drive itself and the weapon. It provides a more immediate, direct and steady source of particles instantenously, while the Drive itself might have to power up further in such cases such as Virtue charging it GN Bazooka for Burst Mode.

We have to remember, that these GN Drives are pepetual reactors. Even though they might be set to an idled state, drawing little from the GN Reaction, they're always producing power and GN Particles. Those particles either have to be stored, or vented. But we've also seen the GN Reaction magnified during extreme use, such as Exia in Moraillia and Virtue blowing the stuffing out of the Asteroid durring Operation Fallen Angels. Just because there's a type of GN Battery between the drive and the weapon, doesn't mean the flow from one to the other is slowed down simply because the battery is there. But from an engineering standpoint, you'd want that capacitor there to smooth the transfer and prevent overloads.
ElldenStorm is offline   Reply With Quote