View Single Post
Old 2008-11-20, 22:42   Link #72
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I'm surprised at how so many people are censuring Taiga's behavour in this episode, I mean this is a girl who punched Ryuuji in the face (hard) in the first episode and yet he became friends with her instead of having her thrown into jail or at the least expelled, so clearly this is a series with a high degree of cartoony behaviour that isn't meant to be taken literally. Ripping Ami's bikini top off is one of Taiga's milder acts and certainly one of the funnier things she's done. Moreover that kind of thing does sometimes happen in real life and although it might cause embarrassment such involuntary wardrobe malfunctions are unlikely to scar someone emotionally IME. I saw it as a comeuppance for Ami wearing a bikini when she knew it was against the school swimming dresscode.

Overall I enjoyed the episode and am looking forward to the next one where hopefully similar antics will reoccur! Also Minori seems to be warming to Ryuuji more and more, I wonder whether Taiga is going to realise that her own feelings for Ryuuji are creating a quandry regarding helping him with Minori (not that she's been doing anything much on that front!)

Close this thread, Open the nexT