View Single Post
Old 2004-05-24, 10:57   Link #156
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
There have been various classified genjutsu techniques already and each serve a specific purpose, nothing more. [Hell-Viewing] (Kakashi on Sakura) draws out the targets' worst fear, [Wrong-Place] fools others into thinking they are somewhere else (Izumo and Kotetsu on examinees), [don't know name] sends everyone asleep (Kabuto on audience) and can be broken by 'kai' seal beforehand, [Absolute Darkness] creates exactly that around the target and cannot be broken by mere pain (1st Hokage on Sarutobi) , [Mist User] unleashes an army of dark mist ninja that stem from the terrain that multiplies when hit (Mubi on Team 7 and Kabuto), [Fox-in-Heart] fools the target into walking around in circle constantly (Rain Ninja on Team 7 and Kabuto), [don't know name] creates tree or terrain to make the opponents think they are immoblized (Kurenai on Itachi and Kisame), and [don't know name] slowly melts away the targets' flesh in the illusion world (Tayuya on Shika).

I don't know...they kinda sound specific to me.

No. People have high praises for Tsukiyomi simply because it is a world completely controlled by the user unlike all other genjutsu not no matter how scary they are. And don't eat bad food...bad for your brain.

No. Not only did Itachi not say this, Sasuke, "another natural sharingan user," certainly wasn't quite so immune to it the two times it hit him, no? Itachi told Kakashi only one with true Uchiha blood and Sharingan can actually resist it. What this implies in my interpretation is that only another user with Mangekyo Sharingan who can also control the Tsukiyomi world will have a chance to win in it.
First point - I agree. The Tsukiyomi is VASTLY different from all the other genjutsu we have seen so far.
• No other genjutsu so far have inflicted pain on their own.
• No other genjutsu has worked on anything besides sigt and sound - so theoretically someone like Kiba, who can rely on smell, or Shino with his bugs, could easily get through several of the genjutsus.

So, the Tsukiyomi is a battle of wills? Sounds good to me. It is a battle that could have no end, though, since the world can be controlled by both users. Presumably, you would have unlimited chakra and the ability to create any jutsu you damn well desire, like "Transform-Itachi's-katanas-into-flowers-no jutsu" and Tsunade's insane healing justu. The battle would never stop.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote