View Single Post
Old 2009-01-21, 01:48   Link #2533
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
For me from getchu list is ppl like to buy sequel/extra/special for collection like me...
That explain high ranking for To Heart, Little Busters, Koihime Musou and Da Capo II...
Yeah. There are just certain games that have that mass-market appeal and tend to get wide support and sales almost automatically. That's not really all that different from any other form of entertainment, though -- popular brands and established franchises will always tend to sell in larger quantities. There can always be "breakout success stories" and those "slow climbs to fame", but with so many to choose from, people who are actually voting with Yen (as opposed to voting with cheap, unlimited bandwidth) will tend to go for the safer bets. That's especially true since a lot of people will be trying for the firstpress bonuses and extras, so you can't wait for the game to come out if you want to get those. I know that, for me personally, the types of games I purchase and play tend to be those sorts of safer bets, which means I'm sure I'm missing out on some games I'd love, but I can't buy everything and don't have the time to try all the trials. Best I can do is follow the big magazines for titles that look interesting and worth pre-ordering.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote