View Single Post
Old 2009-02-15, 13:36   Link #350
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
*snip*
This is why I love this show. It can actually spawn intelligent, well thought-out discussions.

I agree with everything you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Ok so wth happened. I was enjoying a nice school comedy / romance anime and now at episode 19, it became a harem anime.
"Harem" really isn't a good definition for this show. Really isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I think the main appeal of Ami for a lot of people was that Ryuuji didn't have to go out of his way to charm her/gain her affection the way he did for Minori and Taiga (Although we don't know for sure when Minori started liking him, there are some hints in the first book). She just likes him for who he is. It's painfully clear however that he prefers the other two, which makes the whole thing sad.
But isn't it more realistic that he's had to WORK for their affections rather than just having girls throw themselves at him? I mean, he looks downright evil, and had trouble getting close to anyone, which is, of course, the point.

And even Ami only fell for him after he was overly nice to her...

This is what I like about Toradora. No love at first sight. No sudden, random affection. Only girl that throws herself at Ryuuji is Ami and he really doesn't appreciate it.