View Single Post
Old 2009-03-07, 02:53   Link #1100
ShinMasaki
バルサミコス

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*shrug* Well, Fate/Stay Night took us several years, if we could wait for that, waiting for this shouldn't be that hard. We know that the translator is putting in effort to get this translated. Of course, a lack of percentages does make one wonder, but at the same time, since we don't know how far he is, he could be farther then we think.
I've gone through all of Fate/Hollow (self translation) and it is a big task...the convenient thing about it is once you complete the game, you can simply select scenes to play/read through but perhaps the hardest thing to do is to make a good flowchart. I'm in the middle of getting a written translation out for the game as well but it's just a daunting task...trying to get this done ASAP so I'm well rested and prepared for Mahou Tsukai no Yoru later in the year. Translating really isn't all the hard or time consuming. The hard part is taking your translation, converting it over to another language and re-editing the existing text/software. Making a reliable flowchart for Fate/Hollow is impossible, I believe.

As far as my little input to the whole above discussion...Here's a quote from the game in the scene you get after getting all the Tiger Stamps. "I said it before, but Fate is Shirou's story. The question of how Shirou should exist is presented in Saber and Rin's routes. One of the answers is Sakura's route, "Heaven's Feel"."

Simply, the game is saying F/SN is about Shirou hinting that the true story to the game is UBW. One answer of how he lives his life, one possible story is Heaven's Feel. A story made so each of the main heroines gets their own story.

I just see Heaven's Feel as a fanfic Nasu wrote to his own story. He can be a fan of his own work, correct? In a fanfic, you are allowed leeway to create events and force things upon the characters that would normally not occur for the sake of convenience.

Events with plot holes are allowed such as True Assassin's birth, Zouken's involvement in the Grail War, the birth of Sakura's 'shadow', the whole Archer's arm's magic circuit dominating Shirou (lol), etc. A fanfic is simply the author's representation of events that could happen. It is not necessary to explain everything so long as it works for your story.
ShinMasaki is offline   Reply With Quote