View Single Post
Old 2009-03-09, 22:13   Link #72
Magia Erebea

Gathering what ever information there is and putting it on the starting post would help.

List things by category of Spells from what I understand it's a type of program that requires a device to activate, then go into what type there are (Defense, Offense) including a table of elements used I've only seen Lighting, Fire and whatever Nanoha uses.. The different ways to activate a spell (some are motion sensitive correct?). At some points incantation is needed while other times it's not - does this depend on the device, the specific spell, the user or both?

A full list of the Mage Ranks would help and perhaps give examples of what a Magic User is capable of when they are at one of those ranks.

Perhaps a list of spells used so far in the series and how they work. (Fate and Erio both have an instant movement technique but there seems to be a slight pause between activating it and actually being able to use it elaborating on this would be a good example)

And from what I hear Magic Users tend to carry cards around and store mana in them to use later on a rainy-day.

Anyway these are just a few examples. I only know what I do from scrounging the net so I can skip the first two seasons (Loli - none for me thanks!) so I can't say if these examples where any good.

[I'd like to take this time to apologize to pure Negima fans for talking Nanoha but it had to be done]

Of course I want to do the same thing with the Negima section if I get the chance.

Also having a way to easily distinguish fact from theory so even a first time novice could tell would be nice. Like requiring all theories to be in Green Bald Text; as I'd like to discuss my theories on the ToMs used so far in Negima (ToM: Technique of Madness) such as Magia Erebea and Chao's runes.

And if we could both do our parts to organize the info from these two sections it'd be easier to develop a unified Nanoma- or Negiha-verse.

A Nanoma-verse would take place more on the MSLN side. While Negiha-verse would take place more on the MSN side. But I'm just spitballing now.

-----------------------------------------------

On a completely random sidenote - Is it me or does anyone else think that Ken Akamatsu and Akiyuki Shinbo hang out or something? There are just too many similarities from what I've seen.