View Single Post
Old 2009-03-15, 07:25   Link #84
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Okay, uhm...Hi I'm usually stuck lurking on the Spice and Wolf forums, with occasional flurries of posts, but I finally decided to branch out after 1 year and see what else the A-S forums have to offer. And here I find this...^_^

Anyway, there have been some interesting novels mentioned, but for the most part, it seems to reiterate novels undergoing some form of work at Baka-Tsuki, whether a teaser, stalled project, review, etc. (Ex: Boku no Imouto....C^3....etc.)

Recently, I've come up with an idea, and it's been in place for around a week or so now, and I'm wondering what you guy's think, posting here about light novels, reviews, recommendations, etc etc etc.

http://shou-setsu.blogspot.com/

I'm using this website for synopsis' only. It won't have long stupid reviews, boring information, or be cluttered like wikipedia. It will be a clean image of a novel, then a synopsis underneath it. Each week I've added a poll, and you can vote on which novel you'd like me to translate a teaser for. The teaser will usually be short, around 3 japanese pages in length. Enough to give people an idea of the grammar, word choice, etc, and some more detailed background on the story. That way, if someone else is interested in translating one of them, they have a place to start.

I just got really tired of searching for novels on english sites, it was really hard and aggravating, lol. So on this site, I have the novels separated into their respective labels, for example, if you want to see all the novels under the Dengeki Bunko label I have a synopsis translated for, you need only click on the tag link: Dengeki Bunko. You can't miss it. *right side of the blog*

I will be adding and changing the site more as time goes on depending on what would make it work better for its purpose.

Anyway, tell me what you think.

On another quick note, when I was testing it, I used some novels that already have their synopsis to test layout with, so there are like 7 novels you should recognize. Among them: Spice and Wolf, Toradora! Chrome Shelled Regios, Puipui! Full Metal Panic, and a few others.

As for novels you may not have heard of, what do you think of:

Nine's Contract, Accel World, or Dragon Crisis!. Have you heard of them before? Anyway, I'm sure you'll find it pretty nice, and if not....well, at least I've got a place where I can browse for novels when I want a new one. (aka reading english is still faster than japanese atm)

What do you think?
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote