View Single Post
Old 2009-04-11, 12:53   Link #62
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I liked ep1. But I loved ep2. The characters have depth and surprises. I am sometimes weirded out by the May-September thing in media, thinking of the wish-fulfilment of middle-aged male producers, but this made it seem reasonable to me: Nicoletta is capable, lost, bold, and Italian, not Japanese; and Claudio is an elegant gentleman. But I'm sure there are lots more surprises in store for us.

The one thing that will not be a surprise is when Nicoletta discovers she can sympathize with her mother -- and that she is like her.

I enjoyed Nijuumensou no Musume, but that was just barely a romance. The young heroine was rescued by the older guy (maybe 30-35 at the time?) and grew to love him and want to always be with him, but the show scrupulously avoided even hinting at anything sexual.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote