View Single Post
Old 2009-04-17, 08:00   Link #2015
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
The thing is, you're insisting on hard limits to Nanoha's performance in an AMF and calling anything beyond that "unrealistic". Do you have hard numbers on Nanoha's magic output at this age? Do you have hard data on how efficiently AMF wears down magic output, especially versus an S+ trained to operate under such conditions? Without those, how can you state that Nanoha could not have been able to output enough magic to do all that she did in the Cradle battle with the AMF up throughout the ship?
If I had half that amount of data, I won't have called my opposing interpretation "less realistic" but "canonically valid". I will have said your interpretation is "canonically inadmissible", "ignores evidence" ... etc. You know I don't mince words.

Further, generally, given that Theory A requires a Capability of A and Theory B requires a Capability of 10A, Theory B had better have some really good things in its favor if it wants to be even marginally competitive.

Since the ability is observed and not stated, its justification is entirely dependent on it being the minimum required to achieve the observed result. In a case where a Character only needs Capability A to do the job using Theory A, the justified level of capability based on the event is Capability A, not 10A. If anything, it is your side that needs all the data you listed up above, just to prove that Theory B that uses 10A is executable at all, let alone that Theory B is a better idea.

Quote:
Furthermore, whether the AMF was shipwide or limited to the sections the intruders were in, that doesn't change the fact that Nanoha was maintaining a two-way remote link to her scout spheres. Regardless of how much magic she had to output to support W.A.S due to the scale of the AMF, she also had to supply more magic for the spheres to be able to report back to her. Or do you want to tell me that the spheres don't have to punch through the AMF surrounding Nanoha to send their reports back to her?
Honestly, I was more concerned about the round dissolving. From the fact they can easily communicate outside, it is not hard to see that AMF doesn't do much against magi-communications (as opposed to Quattro's jamming).

Besides, even if the spheres have to "punch" through AMF, it seems pretty obvious that all else (such as AMF concentration) being even, punching through say 5m of AMF that directly surrounds Nanoha is a h*ll of a lot easier than punching through 500m of AMF that is between Nanoha and her little scout round.