View Single Post
Old 2009-04-21, 20:17   Link #19
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Kishi is developing his story by adding some much needed perspective to the villain that has just leveled Konohagakure to the ground. This -is- the good part. Would you rather it be like Bleach, with fights at every corner of a chapter, with no actual sense of development out of the main character, a huge bunch of plotholes and terrible cliffhangers?

Naruto at this moment is one of the superior Shounen. Pain and the sacrifice of Konoha are bringing a new dimension to many shounen readers. The sense of loss. We lost a bunch of loved characters, and why did we miss them after their death? Because they were -worked- on. Comparatively, numerous shounen keep introducing new characters without any sort of closure or ongoing development for the old ones. Those characters disappear out of the story when the main one doesn't need them. It shows one thing: A terrible lack of ability to plan out the story.

In Naruto, secondary characters get their limelight. Not all of them, because there's a bunch, but a lot of them get their own growing phase. This is a -story- and by that, it means there's a thread that runs through it that people can follow. In other words, the plotline. It's there and it's real.

I think it's worth it to keep our cool and patience, this isn't bad writing, as I've read many people write, on the contrary. Naruto is growing, and I'd like to see how, and -why- he grows the way he does. Pain is one of the many steps to that grown-up stage. I, for one, want to see a more mature Naruto, anyone else?
I didn't imply that I was impatient. But rather, I didn't want to see pages filled with Nagato killing off the Konoha ninja. I mean it's already obvious that he did, when the rinnengan was awakened. So why re-instate the obvious?