View Single Post
Old 2009-04-23, 21:38   Link #2
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Okay, since I was looking forward to this show mainly to hear Hayami Saori, maybe I can get the ball rolling. So far, I think she started well and has been getting better every episode. The subtle turns in her voice that I admire in her singing are showing up in her voice acting, too. She delivers some great lines in ep3.

The basic sound of her voice is simply beautiful, and she coveys Saki's feelings well. That scene in the washroom in ep2 was great not just for the animation and script, but also for how she delivered it. For the most part, she is excellent in ep3, with the kind of flexibility and control in her voice, in my opinion, that belongs to a seasoned professional seiyuu. But she hardly ever seems to deliver a line simply "professionally," almost always giving it some zip.

As we have been discussing in a blog post about her, there is something of Noto Mamiko about her voice. Not with as much of Noto Kawaii's lovely breathiness, but with her own version of it. And they both make a basically thin or transparent voice very effective.

In Hayamin's case, I think her voice will mature and become stronger, enabling her to do a wider range of characters than she has so far. After all, she is only 17 (turns 18 at the end of May). Here is a blog post I did about her earlier, talking about her roles and her personal history.

I usually give seiyuu more credit for a show's success than other people do, and this is no exception. There are a lot of good things about this show, but one of them is the voice acting. Kimura Ryouhei as Akira is creating an interesting character, too. As are Shirokuma Hiroshi as the detective and Tamagawa Sakiko as Juiz. And I guess we are about to hear more from the people voicing Saki's friends.

The photo was posted yesterday on 2channel, and is from a piece about an upcoming drama CD (Wagamama Sentai Bloom Heart -- Willful Squadron Bloom Heart) starring Kano Yui (Sumomomomomo), Makino Yui (Misaki in NHK), Itou Kanae (Amu in Shugo Chara), Satou Satomi (Ritsu in K-On) and Hayamin. Possibly an anime to follow?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.