Thread: Translators
View Single Post
Old 2004-06-17, 17:43   Link #17
Kokushi_Musou
太鼓の達人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami9870
I realize many translators out there are pretty selfish at times. Unlike the true, virtuous kinds of transers like runpsicat, who are nice about helping anybody translate anything, most transers are self-centered and do purely the shows they like, not in the name of fansubbing, but just for themselves. It's not that it's wrong, but it's getting a little bothersome that translators never compromise with anybody in doing any other show that they don't like 100%. Insert the story of outlaw55 and Tengouki at Lunar: blackmail.

Seriously, unless you "hate" a show of some sort, you shouldn't rule out working for it if the team might like it, so long that it contributes to the community,
Man, make me feel like a criminal. In most groups (or so I like to believe) there usually is some compromise. But in our shoes it is very difficult to get to work on a show if we don't like it (more than a so-so like). Personally I only translate keep both my English and Japanese skills up to date somewhat. If you find that selfish, so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami9870
Here's my two cents. I've had this idea for a long time. One that can reconcile some of these problems. And that is... make a translation ring. That's right. All translators stay in their own groups, but they have a little club, a little guild of their own. Inside, they can help/proofread each other, or teach other transers or newcomers. And, you can choose to go or not go at all, and if you do, visit there anytime you want. It's a good way to help each other grow, attract more transers, and talk more often about joint projects.
To some degree this happens. You just apparently don't know about it.
Kokushi_Musou is offline   Reply With Quote