Thread: Translators
View Single Post
Old 2004-06-17, 18:58   Link #18
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami9870
wrong, but it's getting a little bothersome that translators never compromise with anybody in doing any other show that they don't like 100%. Insert the story of outlaw55 and Tengouki at Lunar: blackmail.

Seriously, unless you "hate" a show of some sort, you shouldn't rule out working for it if the team might like it, so long that it contributes to the community, as opposed to say... 15 versions of Samurai Deeper Kyo. Multiple versions is okay as long as it isn't overkill. Just enough to whet our appetite and selection, but not so much to make it pointless. My bottom line: you all need to loosen up a bit and remember that it's just a hobby. Serge may be wrong, but you're not completely right either.
1) Why do people include their own ad-hominem or group politic attacks like this thing about 'Lunar' which is unsubstantiated. It's a falacy to treat the unsubstiated as true, I don't care if he says he was involved or not. Even if we take his word for it he still only has his side of the story and not the true story of what happened. 'Blackmail'... it's totally unsubstantiated and shouldn't be brought into a real discussion. It's just as likely to be some guy who hates the group in question for whatever reason... no evidence any truth is actually being told here.

2) I remember doing KKC and our poor translators would flip out in 4-6 episodes apiece. Guu was a similar show. Even Mami was like this at one time. The 'frantic' type shows are often just too much for the poor guys, they go insane even if they are willing. He's completely wrong, you can't force anyone to do things they don't want to. This is volunteer work, not a full-time job, if you don't enjoy it you shouldn't be doing it. Groups where some people try to force others to do things are those short-lived groups that fizzle out after releasing 1 or 2 episodes.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote