View Single Post
Old 2009-05-21, 00:11   Link #85
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Not exactly, I criticize her because she unjustifiably disapprove of Layfon’s ‘ideal’ or ‘mindset’ or ‘philosophy’ without considering the feats he had done in Zuellni in ep 5 and 7 as I stated to Ultramarinus before. Besides he has been punished accordingly by the Queen.
I don't see how she was unjustified. From her POV there certainly had a lot of reason to be wary. Certainly he saved the city but the reasoning behind him saving the city is definitely called into question. If all he cares about is surviving then he saved the city only because it was for himself to survive. If the time comes where him surviving entails letting the city be destroyed then that can certainly become a problem. Also he was not the clear with his actual reasoning but instead only played more into the role of an uncaring and cold person when Nina confronted him with the accusations. She also never denied his way of thinking she only said she didn't know if she could work with him because of it.

That a pedophile has been punished by the government certainly doesn't mean that "I" have to allow my child to go around him or associate with them. "You" might chose differently but that doesn't mean my reasoning is unjustified in anyway.

Quote:
It’s a double edge sword as you speak. But in ep 9, where she already knew what’s Layfon capable of from ep 1 – 8, , and so far up to ep 9 Layfon hadn’t done anything deemed as ‘evil’ but instead he saved Zuellni’s twice say, I’d say its alright.
She didn't have your blind faith. I don't know how that makes her any more or less unjustified in her reasoning. For her point of view Layfon was certainly shaping up to be a dark, shady and untrustworthy character.

Quote:
Gah man, you bring up one of the most extreme example. Okay if ‘Hitler’ had saved millions of citizens including friends and families of New York twice from alien assault I’d be wary too, but considering his expertise in near-future with potential of saving more millions again from alien attacks and like he’s the only one capable on doing it around the area so…
I don't get what this has to do with agree or disagree with someone's philosophy. Are you trying to say you'd use Layfon like Kalian does even if you don't agree with him? Certainly that's your choice but I don't know how Nina deciding she's not to type to use another person just because of there abilities when she doesn't trust then is so unjustifiable.

Quote:
Okay so Nina gave him speech and telling him he’s a coward and he should just hide and get lost for not using his power. Which he did, Layfon then walked into an empty street and started to think about the trio girlfriends. I don’t it was because of Nina’s words.
The connection isn't hard to see. Nina tells the the power they gained was to protect those who are important to them. Then while walking in the street he asks himself "A reason for me to fight" and then his friends faces flash into his mind. I think there an obvious connection there don't you? Why is Layfon even walking down the street at that moment? Wasn't he just a minute ago when talking to Nina all about getting the hell out of the city? Where were the faces of his friends then? I certainly can't make you see what you don't want to but this certainly wasn't an abstract scenes by any means.

Quote:
Well she should’ve realized the Haikizoku potential danger in ep 14 and that he’s not as strong as Layfon but instead she went head on.
I don't what you expect her to do. She was sucked into a place where Felli's petals couldn't follow. She couldn't call in for help and there didn't look to be any way for her to escape. Her options were fairly limited to run, fight, or ,apparently the best option in retrospect, pray. I think she chose the one that best fit her even if she had little chance. She's never backed down from Layfon so I don't see her backing down to the Haikizoku either.