View Single Post
Old 2009-06-02, 02:06   Link #19
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
At this point I would gladly support a Raiden based game over having to hear David Hayter's generic gruff delivery (honestly has there ever been a more overglorified voice actor for such a generic one note role?).
You are (not) alone in there, Kaioshin. I think David Hayter is totally overrated. After hearing the japanese dub, hearing his gruffs makes my ears bleed. Specially in MGS3, where he gave a lesson of how to not act at all.

And he's one of the best of MGS english cast. Raiden dub is just atrocious if you compare with his japanese voice, Liquid, Solidus... All of them are nowhere near the talent of the japanese dubbers.

Not that i think MGS dub is horrible, it's fairly decent. It's only that the japanese is way better, hehe. I'm even thinking in getting the japanese version of Rising just to get rid of Raiden english dub.

About the whole game/movie, well, to be honest, i didn't get it. You liked(or at least think it's average) MGS2, when besides MGS4, he's the one with most movies and talk. I love MGS2, it's my favorite one from the series and i think most of the talk is needed for the story(except everything Rose tells you), but there's a lot of talk, much more than the 3.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote