View Single Post
Old 2009-06-06, 03:34   Link #44
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

When I think about it, I finally believe that the "I'll kill you Akira Takizawa" spray painted on the walls of the mall's inner section was not made by the NEETs but possibly by either I or X. From the way X acts he looks completely pussywhipped (for lack of a better term) by I, like he's just being ordered around by I. It no longer seems like X's use of the missle attack was solely by his hand or idea but rather influenced by I. Clearly they've been working together for a while and probably share similar ideals, but X is being given the bigger share of the responsibilities of having their plans carried out.

The most massive revelation in this episode and probably the series so far is the "Return to pre-WWII era Japan" tagged on the missle strikes. To me it's probably the core of the plans of I and probably X for improvement of Japan: Remilitarization of Japan prior to the second World War. It would suggest that the missle strikes were fully intended as a wake up call to Japan that needs to re-arm itself and break away from the anti-rearmament pacts it had agreed upon after WWII.

It is already more than clear that Akira's acts pre-wipe was to counter X, by essentially saving the NEETs and planning the evacuation of the areas hit by the missle prior to Careless Monday. The problem is, waving a gun bare-assed in front of the White House and Saki seems to run counter to his actions before that point. Based on what was revealed in the history, he's more a pacifist and peacemaker trying to stop the aggressive and sacrificing actions of X.

This makes me reconsider his action on that day: it seems more likely that being naked with a gun on Penn avenue was not a choice of his own but as if he was either forced into it, or was backed into a corner. Either way, wiping his mind seems to have become a way out of that situation where he would have done something drastic, as if banking on the essential nature of his character that even without memories, he can make his way back and find another way. Again, something must have happened that forced him into that situation, which as I've said before is probably the central problem and climax of the story.

Of course this doesn't explain whether he was aiming for Saki or the White House, but it further deepens the gravity of involvement.