View Single Post
Old 2009-06-06, 23:49   Link #10
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Maybe, but I think they only reason we didn't get a new OP was BLR's running time.

Endless Eight is a long story too, so they may need to forego the OP there as well, but I'd think we'll be seeing a new one by the Sighs episodes. Or, depending on the tone of the new OP, we might only be seeing it for the Disappearance episodes.

I don't know yet.
Agreed about "Endless Eight". Considering how Sigh starts, I can definitely see them doing a cold open, so I wouldn't put much into it if there's no OP for the first ep, but if there is one, I think we can safely say there will be a full four episodes. If they try to squeeze it into three, they're going to have to cut stuff as it is, and BLR showed that the OP is the first thing to go.

That's independent of whether said OP is new, but I think it will be. Too much opportunity to get otaku money from a new musical release, and I don't see "Tomare" carrying a single. Considering the subject matter of the remaining episodes, maybe we'll get to hear Minorin sing lead on it.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
I had thought someone had found what was likely the OP CD back when Tomare! had appeared. I'd also bet they are saving it for when they have back to back episodes and not just the one shots.
"Endless Eight" should be back to back with the Sigh episodes, but as Kaisos suggested, E8 is another BLR-length chapter, so a missing OP is likely.

On a different note, I worked the math recently and four episodes for Sigh seems most likely to me unless they cut the whole Mikuru x Patrón scene, which they won't since it's so central to the novel. They may change the details of it, though, to keep Mikuru from violating any liquor laws.

Assuming Disappearance gets five, as expected, that most likely puts us at "Where Did the Cat Go?" for the season ender, likely with a tease for the Intrigues prologue, or even a fair portion of it outright depending upon how much of it we'll have seen already from when it happened the first time, and how much they can slim "NekoDoko" down.

If that last paragraph confused anyone, (re)read the novels.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2009-06-07 at 00:27. Reason: to avoid doublepost