View Single Post
Old 2009-06-11, 10:27   Link #1209
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You are implying that the island would have a mere seal? I really doubt you would do such a half work for a mass murder scene but well.

Before even Ange was trying to do that, probably countless of reckless mystery freaks tried to do so (the game implied many witch hunters tried to get in Rokkenjima).
However they weren't able to do so due to the whole "cursed island", so they could only have a trip. Now, how is it possible to call that a "cursed island", but without even mentioning a volcanic activity? That would be the very first thing to be mentioned.
Now let's try to analyze this logically. What is exactly this seal? If you ask me I can only answer: "beats me". I seriously have no clue. What is your idea of seal?

We know that neither Kawabata neither Kasumi had any major problem reaching the island. How do you explain that? To me the only reason why the various mystery freaks couldn't do the same it's because they didn't find anyone that would bring them there. Simply as that.

Quote:
I think you really mistook what I said.
What I posted previously was that Krauss and the siblings weren't able to find Kuwadorian, except Rosa by chance, from the mainland. That means: unless you get access from the Hidden Harbor, the chances you find the kuwadorian mansion are extremely slim.

To prove it, Krauss wasn't able to locate it, despite tailing Kinzo, or when he was planning his resort project. Furthermore, if we consider that only a few people knew about the hidden harbor, and that Krauss didn't find anything for several years, it is plainly difficult.
I can't believe Krauss didn't find it. There was a harbor on the other side of the island, there was a mansion, and on top of that there was an incredible long fence. I really can't see how he could have missed all of that.

Quote:
Now the true point of my post is: Ange didn't go to the old mansion because accessing from Kuwadorian to the Mansion (and vice versa) is extremely difficult without the underground passage. As explained above, Krauss didn't find anything despite he had the time for this ordeal. Therefore, for her to access the Mansion from the other side of the island is very unlikely. That was the whole point.
Then yes I didn't get your point, but you didn't get my point either. Why she would go to the kuwadorian instead of the mansion? Logically speaking the first thing they reached was the Mansion's side, proved by the fact the Captain pointed at the location where the harbor was. Instead the captain circumnavigated the island to reach the other side.

Quote:
1) at the risk of being killed? by who? Kasumi decided to kill her just because they were on a secluded island. I don't think you can expect any culprit lurking there for years like bunch of mindless guardians.
The whole trip was a risk, Ange was aware of that, Juuza was aware of that, Okonogi was aware of that. If Ange wanted to survive escaping would have been a wiser choice. Investigating the incident of 12 years ago greatly enhanced the chance of being captured, I think this was pretty clear. However Ange is ready to take any risk to find out the truth. She is ready to wager her own life and therefore I can't accept the idea that she would be stopped by a seal or a natural impediment. This is my point.

Quote:
2) Like I said: I never said she "never wanted" to check the mansion, but her primary first goal was to settle things with Maria, no more no less. There was no guarantee she will leave Rokkenjima past this point (she said: go back, in the sense of joining back Amakusa and the captain). If you link the fact it would take ages to reach the Mansion from Kuwadorian, it would be more logical to go around with the boat instead.
This isn't logical for two reasons. First as I previously said the Mansion's side was reached first, so it was more logical to go to that place first. Second Ange's original plan was to kill herself from that cliff she reached. If she sticked with that plan it would be logical to assume that would have been the last checkpoint of her trip.

Quote:
3) And I never said that Ange has no interest into finding the truth. You are jumping on conclusions for words I never wrote. Given what she said during the trip, the ACTUAL context of her ordeal at the Kuwadorian rest would be to settle things with Maria. No bothering to check the Mansion doesn't mean she doesn't want to know the truth. And if you consider the possible SHOCK of it, certainly it wouldn't be a merry round.
In other words you say that checking the mansion where all the murders happened is not relevant to the end of finding the truth.
That would never cross my mind in a million of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
She might not want to go because it brings up bad memories. You have to remember in EP 3 Battler is confirmed definietly dead. The only person that went 'missing' was Jessica.
Don't bother with the EP3 ending roll, it's fake. From the 1998 perspective we know that Nanjo's body was never found.

Quote:
Ange's entire journey was self-satisfaction. She wanted to know about the murders and everything, but then she realized it was impossible. So she went to the island to say farewell to Maria, the sister she upsetted and to give back Sakutaro and revive him. She also apparently wanted to revive Battler and her family as well.
Why would an anonymous cliff be more important than the Mansion? If she really wanted to met Maria I think she would go to the place where the family meeting occurred every year. Even if it was self satisfaction... no... for that very reason, I can't think of a valid excuse she would avoid the Mansion.

Quote:
You can't say "Ange would go to the mansion if she could" because we really don't know whether or not she would want to. As far as the volcano theory or what not I think that would be silly. Wouldn't the police know if a volcano erupted on the island - I think Ange might mention that she wouldn't go to the mansion because of a volcano in the narration. It just seems too easy. And once again - if there's an active volcano on the island there is no way the police or the government would let the Ushiromiya family stay on an island that could be wiped out by an eruption because it's a safety hazard.
My assumption is that not only the police knows an eruption occurred in Rokkenjima, but everyone knows, this would be the official version of what happened that day. An official explanation of the events must have been told, however we are not told in the game.
It is a fact that the players are kept on the dark about what the police has found, and what was the official reconstruction of the events.

About the second part. The volcano wasn't active, it only awoke on October 5. No one knew about it before this tragic event... except Kinzo and maybe a few others...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote