Thread: Higurashi Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2009-06-11, 22:14   Link #1051
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferny View Post
1. (Chapter 2) Keiichi's first trip to Angel Mort, where he sees Shmion. I think this is Shion, but I'm not sure.
Shion.

Quote:
2. (Chapter 2) When Shmion brings Keiichi a lunch. I think this is Shion, but I'm not sure.
Mion.

Quote:
3. (Chapter 3) Shmion comes and saves Keiichi from the thugs. I have no idea which one this is.
Mion (It's her throughout this scene up until Keiichi goes home. The phonecall is from Shion,).

Quote:
4. (Chapter 3) Shortly after the thugs incident, when Keiichi and Shmion are talking about the dam project.
See above.

Quote:
5. (Chapter 4) When all the otaku guys came to Angel Mort, and there was the 'incident' with Shmion. I think this might be Shion, but I need some confirmation.
Shion, and he's with her when they leave on the "Date" later too.

Quote:
6. (Chapter 4) This one really confuses me. After the Angel Mort thing, when Shmion wants Keiichi to buy the doll for her. I could see Shion asking for one so she could give it to Mion, but when it switches to Shmion's POV for a moment, she thinks: "This time...I want him to see me as a girl." That makes it sound like Mion would be saying it. However, it seems as though Shion said that, because the other twin shows up a few moments later, and she's working at the toy store (therefore, she seems to be Mion.) So...could someone please explain all that to me?
That portion with the flashback to Rena/Mion's phonecall and the part about "Seen as a girl" is in Keiichi's head (Text disconnected from word bubbles are inner thoughts in this series) are all Keiichi internally realizing what Rena was trying to tell him earlier about what Mion wanted. Shion liked teasing her sister but in this scene I think she was actually trying to help her by guiding Keiichi to understanding that he'd hurt Mion. In other words, Mion really was the one working at the shop, there was no trick here.

Quote:
7. (Chapter 5) At the Watanagashi festival, when Keiichi and Shmion meet Jirou and Miyo.
I won't answer this one as it's the last chapter of the book and you haven't moved on yet. But if you must know...

Spoiler:

Edit: All of these are correct for the Manga. I can say with certainty.

Edit 2: In the scene with Mion and Keiichi on the date, she probably did say the part about wanting the doll but not about "Being seen as a girl". Shion's motives were to harass/tease Mion here, she knows that her sister likes Keiichi.

Last edited by typhonsentra; 2009-06-12 at 07:07.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote