View Single Post
Old 2009-06-19, 11:00   Link #144
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Layfon was appointed by the president but it was Layfon's misfortune to be picked under her. Despite with all of his heroic feats he already did he misjudged her (which I had stated several pages prior), which up until now she absolutely pales in comparison.
He hid the truth about the matter at hand and received such a qualification, this is this and that is that as the Japanese like to say.
Quote:
The squad being in the trouble they are right now is because of her hiding her secret. Leerin is there remember?
No, the squad is in trouble because Leerin (due to Saya) and Grendan brought the trouble to Czellni's doorstep.
Quote:
And again you bringing Felli into the picture, so I'll play Long.Felli represents character individuality who refused being used despite being someone gifted with exceptional powers. Some call this selfish, while the rest call this the 'free will' or 'freedom of right'.
There was another similarity in the characters surrounding the aforementioned characters, so I brought it along when the situation called for it. And what you say is universally called irresponsibility, due to the setting of Regios.
Quote:
Regardless what her motives and intentions are, she has proven to be a good soldier who had perfomed all her duties admirably as proven from ep 7 to ep 23.

Pales in comparison of what Nina brings, trouble.
She did just play along to Layfon and even her fans admit that, I'll just leave at that to prevent a derail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
It has NOTHING to do with female competition. Characters have to do something in order for me to hate them. Believe me, there's a reason for everything when it comes to me. EVERYTHING.
Whatever you say, I just made a guess.
Quote:
Alice was never forceful like Nina. Nowhere near. She also tried her best to understand the people who worked with her, instead of assuming they all wanted the same thing, then got pissed off and emo, when she found out they didn't. She was a lot more mature, and easier to get a long with. From the get-go, Nina forced herself on Layfon. Forced her ideals and beliefs on him. Never once did she try and crack his shell and see where he was coming from. Then, when she finds out something about his past that she didn't like, she goes and tells him they can't be in the same squad now. He had already proven himself and saved her life, the squad's lives, other civilian's lives, as well as the existence of the city. 95% of what she's done, has turned me off to her.

I can't even recall Alice ever doing anything that made me dislike her.
Oh my, to think that I'd have to defend such similarities of characters that are as clear as the day.

Alice literally drove them around in her crusade and yeah, they were all military members so they had to face up to their responsibilities. They still whined about it all the time. What they want or not isn't and shouldn't be her concern as long as they were motivated enough to perform their duties and obey her orders, that's what a military officer is and that's how Nina does as well. She at times got over her head and it's only thanks to Randel intervening that they got off without getting themselves killed. Randel wants to stay away from all those things like Layfon does but Alice is the person that constantly has him placed in all those dangerous situations, just like Nina does. Both of them motivate the lead males because they're aware that it's what suits them and voila! It really is and they come to accept that after all the refusals!

And I have already said it many times before, right like above but again: He deceived her into such a situation and she questioned him thoroughly to leave no doubt. She couldn't have known that, others except Felli were deceived as well yet I don't see anyone blaming them for that. He already was an enigma, hiding his power and acting suspiciously over and over. As soon as Felli explains his act to them, she reforms her stance about the matter which is as good as it can get.

I'm not trying to make anyone like Nina, but the shared traits are as close as it can get for these three characters and Nina is like a bridge connecting the others by having common stuff from both. That doesn't necessarily make them all the same but they're as close as it can get without being copy-cats.