View Single Post
Old 2009-06-19, 12:06   Link #146
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Layfon hid his secret while bringing positive feats, Nina hid hers while causing the exact opposite. Trouble, which she is good at right now sadly.
Layfon covered some of the facts which led people to misunderstand the motive behind his actions, his other actions don't negate that. The reason why he did so? We haven't found out yet, all that's apparent is that caused him to get misunderstood by the WHOLE world except Leerin, which brought real trouble in the form people trying to kill him and go as far as kidnapping his comrades for that reason. What were you talking about, secrets that bring trouble? There you go. He still didn't let it out.

OTOH, Nina hid a secret that would bring trouble if it wasn't kept a secret and as we see, for understandable reasons. Ignasis, Grendan, mercenary company, everyone's out looking for the host and they don't pull any punches.
Quote:
Which could be prevented should she told her before hand. The 'circumstances' made it even clearer. She simply neglected them.
No, Savaris was already there. Grendan arrived shortly after. President wanted to extract it right away and Leerin was clueless about the whole issue.
Quote:
Nina fits this 'irresponsibility', she chickned out and in fear in telling her secret because of her fears not realizing the risk. When the 'situation' calls for it, she fails in handling them, resulting the troubles we've seen so far.
Irresponsibility is avoiding doing honest work for the good of the people to earn a living. It's not getting scared of being chased by literally everyone except your close friends to get what they want at the cost of your life.
Quote:
Her attitude caused a much lesser impact and aftermath, while Nina 's brought a total near catastrophy with an HB finally gets a hand on her, potentially causing a much larger havoc. She's a victim of circumstantes, because she alone failed in preventing them due to her inability to lead and think thoroughly. Felli did the right thing asking her secret back then. So much could've been prevented but for naught. All because of Nina.
She's not putting her hand under any stone and she still was about cost 60k lives directly, on her own will. Nina being kidnapped by a HB affects nobody else except her. Nothing could be prevented and we saw that in this last episode. Did Leerin say anything like "bring her to me, I'll fix it"? No. Did the president say "don't worry, we'll protect her"? No. Did anyone else propose a solution that didn't put her into risk? No. Nothing would change. As for Felli, she didn't care the least bit about anything else than trying to reduce her influence on Layfon. What was her reaction after learning? "So you want us to kill the captain?" Oh man, I'm so moved that I'm in tears! She cares so much about Nina!