View Single Post
Old 2009-06-19, 23:55   Link #166
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(emphasis mine)

I'm sorry, but I call bullshit on this. People who dislike the show are constantly pointing how the show fails at being all sorts of things it wasn't trying to be, so "therefore" the show sucks. Well, wait a minute. Sucks at what? Sucks at being the show that person wanted it to be? Sure, no problem. People have reasons they dislike something, obviously; no sweat. But the problem arises when people imply that it "fails at being a good show" simply because it wasn't what they wanted.
No one said the show sucked.

Frankly put, if a show really does suck *coughQueen'sBladecough* I'm pretty sure noone would sit through it until the end.

There was just things we liked and things we didn't. I'm pretty sure no one just flat out remarked that the show sucked, and even with implications we acknowledge that the show is enjoyable and entertaining.

I dropped the notion that the show was a musically centered series, but I still held firm to the fact that it could have been much more special (for the lack of a better word) had they possibly went with that angle in a better fashion. Some people felt misleaded, others noted it's just standard fare, but the extreme end of saying the show sucked, or worse, that's something I believe no one ended up declaring.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!