View Single Post
Old 2009-06-20, 02:06   Link #159
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick
You'll need to define what you mean by a "survival" motive. You seem to be trying to hide behind the vagueness of that term. To me it means that he would do anything illegal and immoral to ensure his own and things he cares about survival. We see him do this is with Gorneo but he was of course just acting to show that he's not like that anymore. We see him also almost doing it during the battle with the FM as it immoral to allow the city to be destroyed when you have to power to stop it or let a comrade be beaten because you feel like hiding your true strength.
Please allow me to repost what I meant then,

Spoiler:

Quote:
Not a remedy. The goat is still instead her right? The praying only temporarily suppressed the goat it didn't stop it from continuing to go wild did it now? Suppression does not equal cure which is what a remedy is.
Remedy as for the whole situation, she would’ve kept in check in ep 20 until Leerin arrives to finally suppress them, possibly preventing her for going berserk, and for the sake of safety for her squad, but the current situation proves otherwise. I apologize if the term ‘remedy’ for you mean a total cure for Nina from a medical perspective where she’s free and cured from the Haikizoku’s influence, because that’s not what I meant.

Quote:
What impact? I think it's been pointed out numerous times that the events would have still played out similar if Nina told them because of most of the unknown running around and the fact that them extracting it from her would probably be extremely dangerous to her own well-being.
Impact, as I posted prior,

Quote:
She went berserk, risking her squad a as target for the cannon, finally being subdued by a crazy HB.
Which could’ve been prevented.

Quote:
I don't know where you got that from. I've never heard Layfon lamenting about becoming a battle hungry maniac in anyway. This inner self I don't think even exists. Layfon problem had more to do with his own inability to understand how others felt when he was discovered to be doing illegal things. He talked about how he felt they had always betrayed him but then he wonders if they didn't feel the same way. I think you way way off on your analyzing of Layfon. Like completely different galaxies.
In Ayako’s sub, around minute 17, its implied Layfon lamenting the fact he the overflowed feelings of wanting to use the katana again for the purpose of battle in an analogical way with his past crimes.

Quote:
Like I said before not a remedy and it also doesn't change anything as Savaris and Layfon are going to play anyway right?
With Layfon protecting her all the time if only she had said them. Layfon vs Savaris may be inevitable, but the risk of a abducted teammate situation could’ve been avoided.