Thread: Turn A Gundam
View Single Post
Old 2009-06-26, 00:33   Link #228
SD Crippler

Hi friends! I just finished watching the final episode from Turn A. I was wondering if I could throw a few questions out there:

---Was there ever any real detailed explanation about Dianna and Kihel's similarities? Was it just a coincidence? I kept waiting for the big plot reveal, but I don't think it arrived.

---Is there a singular unified opinion for Dianna's epilogue? I've heard everything from pregnant to dying. I'm just wondering what the consensus is, and whether the creative team have let their feelings known on the matter.

I'd also like to hear some interpretations of the ending, and whether Tomino has ever offered official comments about them. I've read the thread here, and liked what I saw. Most of everything in the ending is implied, I know, but I like to hear all the different perspectives out there.

I wasn't Guin's biggest fan during the series, but I really dug how his character wound up in the last episodes, realizing his wrongs, and the shot of him during the epilogue was awesome! I would watch an OVA just about his further adventures. I didn't like Marybell, but oh well.

I also didn't like Sochie, but her send-off was probably the high water mark for the epilogue. A lot of emotional investment. A great pay-off from the writers. I don't want to sound mean-spirited, but maybe she deserved to end up that way? She treated Loran with great disrespect during the entire series, only for things to turn out that way.

Overall, a great show! It didn't crack my Top 5 for Gundam, but still 4.5 stars.
SD Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote