View Single Post
Old 2009-07-04, 16:43   Link #432
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Apparently Mangagamer updated their site with the news:
Quote:
'Higurashi when they cry'

We proudly anouce that we have started the localozation of 'Higurashi when they cry'. We have been getting a lot of requests from MangaGamer's fans to localize the title. We are very excited and happy to be able to relaese this best seller title from MangaGamer.com.

We target to release the title by the end of October. Please stay close with our release schedule.
They really need to find a decent editor :/ . I'm no grammarnazi, but there are 3 typos in the above quote (plus the title sounds a bit weird like that too)
Anyway IMO they exaggerate it a bit, why would a "lot of fans" request an official translation when a decent paced fantranslation was on it's way? Oh well, I'd be a happy bunny if they release all the question arks (it says "the title" so I imagine that means they release all question arks) by Oktober or November.
I hope the Sonozaki Sisters and MG could come on common terms in the end though. It'd be nice because first it would make it quicker if MG could use the twins' scripts for Onikakushi and Watanagashi (those wouldn't even need proofreading not like proofreading/editing is MG's forte), and I would really like to see SF getting appreciation and recognition for what they have done with the fantranslation. Additionally that'd be the first instance ever happening where an official localization is cooperating with the fantranslations, and IMO that basically could be a good thing to happen with the VN segment.

edit:
Quote:
22:55:59 <zalas|MangaGamer> Question: Lots of fan translation out there, what efforts are there to work with fan translators?
22:57:02 <zalas|MangaGamer> Answer: I think it's a case-by-case situation. We don't have any ideas like fan translations are bad. If we're able to use that and get it at a relatively affordable price. Might be able to release video games at lower prices as well

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-05 at 03:36.