View Single Post
Old 2009-07-23, 15:05   Link #198
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseweave View Post
The thing is at this stage it's just getting more and more unimaginably pointless and wasteful. Though some people might be going LOL TROLL HILARIOUS, people are just loosing interest and importantly like so many other shitty anime, the time and money put into this could be put into something worthwhile.

I'm really starting to get angry not just because of fanboy rage, but because it's so ridiculously wasteful in a time we should really not be.
It strikes me as a way to avoid showing disappointment with what some "LOL EPIC TROLL" posters probably think deep down has been a waste of their time. It saves face too.

Anyway, if 2ch actually is getting genuinely upset with this arc then DVD sales will drop somewhat, but what upsets 2ch and what upsets us here follow very different criteria. Otaku need to feel personally slighted as a group in some way before the DVD sales will ever drop substantially, and it's hard to tell yet if Haruhi has fallen out of "buy" status with them. In other words don't be surprised and RAEG if the DVD's consistently top the Oricon charts as they are released, because by all measurements and gauges that could be said to exist for Otaku (that I am aware of) it's still in 15,000+ category of DVD marketability at least.

P.S: Note that Super Driver is selling at the regular level for a high profile moe show single. Let that be a sign.