Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-10, 01:27   Link #1519
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Veen reading the discussion for the last few pages... and things have gotten quite interesting. And here;s two more scary things for y'all: In the UK, I've heard you can have sex at 16, but can't actually see it until 17... and also, anyone familiar with the term "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed"? It was a very long while ago, but apparently a girl got pregnant at 13 (and had the child as well)

Some more recent stuff: as Legdem just brought up, since we're all anime fans, I doubt many of us would've dated in high school (sad fact incoming: I not only never dated during high school for reasons I'll explain in a second, but have also been single for the past seven years)... though it wasn't due to anime, but because I was a total bookworm back in those days (heck, give me a good book to read, and it still hasn't changed)... every time I asked a girl out, I had a tendency to get shot down
I couldn't say the same for myself tbh, but I know where you're coming from. Some things are just not "in" these days. People always refer to certain things about people that "turn them on" like it's sexual. I think the problem is that a lot of girls, at least the ones I see around me, like the bad boys who don't give a damn about anyone but themselves, who act like they're on top of the world and they can get anything they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
And finally: I'm guessing the majority of us had our ideas and behaviors influenced by the late 90's/early 2000's? Unfortunately, people these days are in a society that is all about getting as many things done as possible in a very short amount of time, a bit different from when I'm sure many of us were in our childhood. It's a sad fact, but I've grown to accept it (not saying I like it)... as I note all the time, kids these days are growing up far too fast; but hey, that's the changing times for ya...
Skip the whole idea of building a relationship and jump straight to bed. That's how people often thing these days.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote