View Single Post
Old 2009-09-11, 07:14   Link #254
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't get the point of this discussion about Battler using the wrong word. There are quite a lot of facts that point out how Battler isn't very "rational", he often shows contradictory behaviors and sometimes look even hypocrite. And this remained consistent through the 5 arcs.

There are a few examples of him making flawed lines of reasoning. For example in Ep1 he didn't know yet that Nanjo was there and he thought that the 12th seat at the dining table was prepared for "Rosa's husband" even if he wasn't supposed to be there.

Also Battler sucks at math. He first said that that Kinzo became the head in 1923 and then made a huge fortune in 1950. After that he said that was pretty impressive that Kinzo was able to restore the great Ushiromiya's wealth in 20 years.

Now what Battler meant to say in this situation is that he was inspired by how Rosa fought against the goats, and if you consider that instance and that instance alone, then Rosa certainly persevered till the end. She kept shooting at the goats even if she knew she was greatly outnumbered. But until the very end she kept firing. This is called perseverance. Fighting when you know there is a high risk of death is bravery. Fighting when you know you'll die for sure is martyrdom. Fighting when you know you'll die for sure and it is completely futile is perseverance.

The fact that Battler then completely disregarded the fact that later Rosa in the metaworld gave up on the witch, is pretty consistent with Battler's irrational behavior.

Pretty much like when he said "show me a witch and I'll believe in her".

Ah and about Genji. plzd0ntkeelme do you remember how Shannon decided to "resist" Beatrice on ep7? So if you think that it is Beatrice's wish for people to accept their demise without a fight you are totally wrong. Beatrice doesn't consider Genji as her minion or an accomplice, so Genji doesn't need to help her, he's just supposed to comply to Beatrice's wishes. And if Beatrice sends a zombie Kanon to him, he's supposed to fight it for Beatrice's own entertainment.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-09-11 at 10:16.