View Single Post
Old 2009-09-12, 19:14   Link #60
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi500 View Post
I don't think Abe is stupid enough to think Lawrence will take her, after she rats out Horo.
Neither do I. I didn't mean to imply that, I just meant that she might actually have taken an interest in him (a flight of fancy more than anything). Besides, if she does rat Horo out I doubt she would want to have anything to do with Lawrence period (business or otherwise).

However, there is a chance Abe is being more or less honest. If she does have an "interest" in Lawrence (business or otherwise), she might propose ditching Horo and running off with the money, especially if something unexpected derails their plan.

I'm also having a tough time figuring out why Horo agreed to this, and why Lawrence is so confident. I guess I'm missing/forgetting something? If the loan money "vanishes" (the worst case), how long would this "pawn shop" keep Horo before selling her? It can't be long enough for Lawrence to get his money from Kumerson. At best, he could probably sell off the deed to the inn and everything else he has before someone else buys Horo. It's a puzzle to me, here's hoping it has a satisfying conclusion.