View Single Post
Old 2009-09-27, 07:45   Link #73
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Well, like I said before, such a situation would occur during war. Wartime leaders don't normally last after the war is over. The best thing to do in such a situation is to show the people that you care for them and that you want to minimize the number of casualties and to do everything in your power to protect them. This can maintain stability to some degree, but death is inevitable during war and as a leader, you must be decisive and shoulder the reponsibilities toward the families that lost their loved one to the war effort. Some of these families will harbor a feeling of resentment, and a leader must be strong enough to move on and accept this so that he may continue to protect those that still live and minimize losses. Often times though, re-establishing trust with those people who suffered the most from the war is difficult and could undermine order.
I beg your pardon, I'm not too good at interpreting that situation.

Quote:
That's why it's more important to maintain the trust and respect of the people, because order comes from that.
Order does not necessarily come from trust and respect.

For example, as a politician, you've *strategically* used ways to gain trust and respect. And once your in the position, a decision comes wherein the *people* don't understand(and therefore, misinterpret your nature) your *logical* actions and yet you believe that *that* course of actions, would in the end, lead to Order and Progress, and if rationalized a bit further, would lead into gaining Respect and Understanding which rebuilds Trust.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote