View Single Post
Old 2009-10-01, 07:37   Link #2306
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think it's clear now that in the anime they decided to sacrifice the epitaph in favor of the main plot.

In the end the epitaph is just a subplot, a funny riddle and nothing more. It is not relevant to the main plot whatsoever.

Personally I've never had any doubt that Eva and Rosa reasonings of ep3 were correct, and to be honest it always pissed me off seeing people that tried to solve the riddle while completely disregarding those hints, as if you can go anywhere without a comparison to verify the theory (it's not like we can actually check the gold's location).

Anyway to reiterate, this omission in the anime doesn't mean that the adult discussion was irrelevant to the solution of the epitaph, it just means that the solution of the epitaph is irrelevant to the main plot. The golden inscription on the chapel was omitted as well.

Another thing that I always affirmed is that the serial murder has nothing to do with the epitaph. Well one thing we know for sure:

Spoiler for Episode5:

Yeah, the epitaph always seemed like more of a subplot to me. A neat subplot that I'm sad got omitted, but a subplot none the less. Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way.
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote