View Single Post
Old 2009-10-07, 01:38   Link #3343
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
HnG is an easy manga to read. All the same, I'd take me around 3 hours to translate a single chapter, but that's because I'm a n00b.
Hayate no Gotoku has a fluctuation of easy's and hard's in my opinion (the hard being those little speeches made by the Narrator going on and on about something; just a wall of text). The recent chapters have been easy in comparison to how hard reading raws can get, but still a challenge nevertheless.

It took me about.. 5 minutes (which is quite a long time considering how little there is) to understand 85% of all the text in 233. But even if I didn't know exactly what it meant, I just construct a series of "paths" which it could mean since I know the general meaning and pick the most logical one. Even if it wasn't that, I probably would have thought of it in the other "paths" or gotten pretty close to what the real meaning was.

But it is a great learning aid, in my opinion. It's been a year since I took Japanese as a class so reading takes a bit longer than I'd like it to be, but I find it rapidly increasing. Kanji (thank god for Furigana) is also very interesting.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote