View Single Post
Old 2009-10-16, 08:23   Link #13
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
[mod edit: see post above, rather than quoting the whole thing]
Again, slightly off the OP topic, but i recently ran into a thread without a sub-fourm where a person asked a question about future events. The replyer had his post deleted. I missed the actual post, but if the spoiler is marked correctly than why is that a problem? If that person needs to be PMed with the answer, than everyone else looking for that answer will also PM him. Should that person have to now PM the same message 5 times just for being a nice guy and answering a question?

I fully remember that spoiler tags use to be absolutely horrendous, but that should only serve to make people use better tag titles, and ban those who don't. I'm not looking for a return to the old rules, just a set of rules that would allow conversations, but with adequate protection for the people who don't like spoilers. Fully out banning the discussion seems incredibly extreme to me, but i digress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Bacause the movie is not out yet, and you want to talk about it's source and not the movie itself.

And a "reasonable prediction" is only so to novel readers. The novels are not some sort of universal and mandatory knowledge to all fans of the anime.

You take things as they come.

-Initial reactions to the anouncement
-Discussion regarding the staff in charge of the movie (when/if it's announced)
-How popular the movie could be in Japan (in comparison with other animated films)
-Possibilities of the movie reaching theaters outside of Japan.
-Etc. etc.

For any comparison/discussion about how the movie will handle the plot of the books, you simply jump to the novel threads and voila!

If you ran out of things to discuss, you simply take a break from the thread and wait until more info is available.
Please do not take this as an attack on you... but again i ask, what MEANINGFULLY discussion can be had?

allow me to sum up general discussions on the topics you have listed
inital reaction = "zomg i love this so much"
staff = "zomg xxx staff rocks so much and i watch everything by them"
popularity = "zomg i love this so much and so does everyone else"
exporting = "Dubs plz"

Now you may say this is an unfair generalization of a few bad posters. But i have seen this on other sub-fourms. I'll admit discussion on the staff may be the closest thing to bring meaningfully discussion, but otherwise, initial reaction without plot is simply fandom, popularity is even more evident of this, and exporting... well i have not seen much discussion involving this but i would bet that it would be the same.

In some cases, books/novels are way ahead. the show might cover chapter 20, when the manga is at chapter 100. Either you would have to dig through tems or hundreds of pages to find your answer, or you would have to make a post every time someone had a question, and that gets annoying for manga readers.

Again, without meaningfully discussion, threads should not exist. if i can't discuss the plot and the thread is going to be filled with only fanboy antics, then you shouldn't make threads before its aired.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-10-16 at 09:59.