View Single Post
Old 2009-10-20, 19:23   Link #17331
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
While RadiantBeam thought that this Lutecia wouldn't accept a relationship with Vivio (you'll note that Vivio asked Lutecia out when Lutecia was 19, so that's about a year after "Borderline"), I thought it would be interesting if this took place in the main continuity as deathcurse suggested. So rather than comment on the fic, I wrote a fic response as if that had taken place.

You probably need to have read "Sunrise," though, to get some of the references.
Spoiler for Border Crossing:
Baha, the last line of the omake killed me. XD I recognize that joke too!

I think this is the first time I've genuinely wished I could go back and change the canon of my series, or make it so Lutecia lied when she told Vivio she didn't do that kind of stuff; but that would be a negative change, and I honestly didn't know if Lutecia would cross that line in my world.

Particularly interesting (for me) is that after reading this, in the context of my series, I can see just why Vivio is so good for Lutecia. She doesn't let Lutecia lie to herself or be too hard on herself; she cuts right through the veils and gets the truth out of her, comforts her, and supports her. Funny how I never notice that when I'm actually writing it out myself, and then I notice it in your work.

I liked the little detail of Vivio calling Lutecia by her full name, too. It's really a small thing in context to the fic, but it carries so much meaning when you realize that it's Vivio's way of showing that she's accepted all of Lutecia's sides, and not just "Cia".

So yeah. I loved it. Don't mind me, I'm just basking in the afterglow of the awesomness...