View Single Post
Old 2009-11-15, 08:57   Link #3257
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
I don't pay attention to what kind of language she was using. But right, she was writing in Italian...

The Japanese text, I think it was still written by Beatrice. Even though Maria could have memorized some hebrew quotations Beatrice taught, I don't expect her to know Italian language that deeply. And that last line "to my beloved apprentice" was written in Japanese to let Maria understand that the whole passage was intended for her, since she did not need to understand the Italian declaration at all.

I suppose Kumasawa was a witness only. She only needed to sign to verify Beatrice's declaration.

Now you mentioned that "Warugilia" ワルギリア was a Japanese adaptation of "Virgilia", it makes sense (I iniitally thought Warugilia was just another way to represent Virgilia). But it still showed that Kumasawa received some education in English (which should not be common for people in her old age). Did Kinzo set up the rule that every servants in the family must at least know some basic English? This is related to the education system in Japan... so maybe Japanese government implemented compulsory education in English after WWII? I don't really know.

I guess Jessica did not know how to write in Italian or know Hebrew at all, did she? (Her english should not be good at all, let alone Italian and Hebrew)
I don't know if it is just an error in the way you phrased this post however to clarify:
Beatrice wrote the italian
Virgilia wrote the japanese

Quote:
Kinzo, was chosen to be the head of Ushiromiya family in 1923 after the earthquake. By that time, he has already met Beatrice but he was forced but his family to marry his wife, who he did not love. He had been loving Beatrice for a long time.
STOP!
Ep2 during the time Shannon and Genji go meet Kinzo and he tell them to write his last will. Kinzo says that he met Beatrice after the war (and no it wasn't the first war because he says it is a "Showa" year). So your assumption is not true. While it is true that he didn't love the woman he was forced to marry, that doesn't mean he was already in love with someone else.

I know that the scene I mentioned is odd since Kinzo wasn't supposed to be alive then, but even so it is very unlikely that that scene is total rubbish. It probably reflects a real event that happened before Kinzo died.

Quote:
why mastermind Beatrice knew so much Italian and even Hebrew (she received extensive education and training from Sumadera family, she learnt Italian as her mother was Italian) as well as why Sumadera family was introduced in EP4 and as Kyrie's family. It fit the saying of Beatrice in her letter that she was the inital owner of the 10tons gold for the gold initially should go to Sumadera family if not for Beatrice's betrayal (Kyrie was the family's head).
It would make sense even without claiming that there is any connection with the Sumadera. The rest you said does make sense but you cannot say it back your Kyrie mastermind theory since they are completely unrelated.

There is also one thing you are forgetting. It is stated in Ep1 when Battler browses the books in Kinzo's study that Kinzo is knowledgeable in a vast array of different languages. In other words there is not a necessity to find a background to explain Beatrice's knowledge of Italian and Hebrew. It is possible that Beatrice had been taught by Kinzo or that, as Kinzo did, she learned languages by herself.

Quote:
She might have messed up the proper amount of sleeping pills needed to dose the adults (using too much in this case, even though the pills were truly for kids, she used up too much as she was no expert in pharmacy) or she had just purchased some mal-produced products.
This is an unnecessary explanation.
The person that did that mess had absolutely no reason to cover the fact he used sleeping pills. The people on the island had absolutely no way to check it.

As for the police and crime investigation. Well... disregarding the "disaster" fact. What would the culprit accomplish? It's not like ripping the stomaches open would fool them into believing it was an accident...

Also there is a the possibility that the crime investigation would reveal traces of that substance in the blood.

But let us say that now they don't find any evidence that sleeping pills were used. So what? They can still think that sleeping pills were used. So even for the purpose of trying to make them think "it was done by a witch" it was meaningless since it would just become a devil's proof.

Or from another side, let us say that the culprit didn't remove evidence of the sleeping pills. The police then would find them and what would change in the culprit plans? The police would never say that it was all done by a witch, and regardless of what they say, the magazines talk shows and fanatics would still claim that the police is covering up the truth.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote