View Single Post
Old 2009-12-05, 10:19   Link #7
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

More amazed about the ammount of new teams, North Korea and New Zealand making the finals are something new in itself. To be fair as good a form USA have been on I don't see them beating England at all even if the English players haven't been the best lately. However Capello has one really commanding aura as a manager I haven't seen in a while.

Group A will be a fun group to watch, all very decent teams where I'd actually hold France the least convincing team to go through given how they literally had to cheat their way to the finals.

Group B should be interesting too, Argentina's morale are on a all time high with Maradona at the helm a very talented team to work with and they can only pick up steam. Nigeria aren't a half bad team probably the all-rounder of the group, South Korea are always fun to watch with their fast paced play. Greece are what throw the group into disarray, they're well known for having one of the strongest defenses around one that could drive anyone mad by playing them into a stalemate. So its probably going to be a battle for 2nd place.

Group C I'm going to give hands down to England and USA most likely it'll only be a question of who has the more commanding prescence. Its a question of Wayne Rooney vs Tim Howard whether he can keep him out or not, so overall kinda boring.

Group D I really don't know who to call on, Ghana has by far been the most impressive with Germany living upto their pedigree. But the Serbs aren't too shabby either and caused alot of upsets during the qualifying stages. Also I sorta want to see Australia wreck stuff since they usually bring some rowdy matches. XD

Group E will probably be my favourite group to watch, I tend to like watching the Dutch and Danes playing then throw in Japan and Cameroon and you have probably a group that can go either way. Keep in mind Cameroon are the best performing African nation this year which puts them the favourites along with Netherlands. But Japan like South Korea have performed very well in recent years.

Group F, Italy have been unconvincing to me they could very easily face another upset plus I don't terribly like the team on a whole. Paraguay are on top form so I could see them doing well, New Zealand are the Dark Horse of this tournament plus quite recently showed they're not that much weaker than Italy. Slovakia actually have a good chance as the dark horse of their group. They're very inexperienced on the world stage however, Robert Vittick is the only real noteworthy name I can think of.

Group G is the group of death thats all I can say, poor North Koreans XD

Group H I'm just calling Latin fever on this one.