View Single Post
Old 2009-12-08, 14:35   Link #4007
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
The idea of Jessica being "stupid" doesn't come from her grades (heck if I had parents like that I'd be wanting to blow off school too) - it's just that she's generally been shown to be...an adolescent, I guess...in just about everything she thinks about.

Well, to put it in better terms, Jessica's kind of like her dad - she goes into everything without a plan or even preparedness and does what "feels right". Like how she's always trying to go after the culprit without a weapon or even having a clue who it may be just because she's pissed that her mom/her dad/Kanon died.

Perhaps she does have a hidden side that's a little more sneaky/clever, and her adolescent behavior is 100% theatrics, but if her personality as shown has any validity, I don't think it's even logical for her to know about the murders.
I think a better adjective to describe Jessica is "simple minded", which doesn't necessarily entails low intelligence. However I'm not sure how much this appearance should be taken for true. Yet again a comparison with Higurashi makes me wary of possible fake personalities (Rika).
So I wonder if statements like "I can't see how she could be such an actor/actress" are really valid in Umineko considering that in Higurashi they weren't.

You can't trust anything that isn't red after all...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote