View Single Post
Old 2009-12-09, 14:47   Link #393
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Am I the only one who keeps losing interest the more I read about this?
Yes. The problem seems to be that you are disappointed that it's not meeting your expectations in terms of setting/characters/medium, so you are judging it even before we actually know much (or even anything, really) about it. You don't have to be hyped about it, but how about waiting for it to come out first? There will be plenty of time to bash it later

Quote:
To begin with, this a prequel - okay, a bit disappointing, but I can live with that. However, why in Japan? Sure, this is written by Japanese people, but if they were going for a prequel, they could have chosen a location in which they could have expanded on relevant information about the CG world. I think it would have been much better if this would have taken place in Britannia.
Written by Japanese for Japanese in Japanese, is it really that strange that it's set in Japan? Anyway C.C. did not spend all or even most of her life in Britannia, and the Edo period is one of the more interesting parts of Japanese history.

Quote:
Also, I love C.C. as much as the next person, or probably maybe even more, but why her again? Why couldn't we have a different Code Bearer?
If I remember correctly, C.C. was pretty popular with the Japanese audience. Then there's the fact that we immediately recognize her so she can serve as a link between the two stories.

Quote:
There's also the fact this is a manga. And while I usually prefer manga over anime, I wouldn't know, but for CG, it simply doesn't call my attention. Not to mention I never liked the art in NoN. And, to boot, this will be a monthly manga.
It's a multimedia project. Chances are an anime will follow. Let's wait for them to announce it. Monthly manga - wouldn't that mean it would be more mature? Most monthly manga I know of are great. And what does NoN have to do with this - is it gonna be the same mangaka?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote