View Single Post
Old 2009-12-09, 17:15   Link #68
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
Uhh, no. It's not a stand-alone anime, it's an adaptation of a SN series authored by Ryukishi07.

It seriously boggles me how people can try and justify it as a stand-alone product, when it would not have existed to begin with if not for being an adaptation.

Find me an alternate universe where there was no SN(hell, no Manga either) and just the anime, then we'll talk.
Yes but you're opinion is way to one-sided because you glorify this one VN over the anime.
If you would take your own idea literally you wouldn't be able to judge anything of today's popular culture for it's own merrit, but just on it's worth as an adaption.
Even Umineko as a VN adapts certain things and concepts and they are downright wrong and bended towards the author's liking...that's something called freedom you can enjoy while creating something.

If somebody chooses to NOT read the VN and judge the anime as a stand alone project he is very well allowed to do so.

Hell without Shakespeare there would be no West Side Story, without 17th century folklorists there would be no Star Wars, without Edgar Allan Poe there would be no Umineko no naku koro ni....adaptions, roots, inspirations nice and all, but everything is also a product on it's own.

And because that came up again.
Compared to Umineko I(!!) found the first season of Higurashi DREADFUL...but still I thought it was good that Kai came out.

Free opinion is good, but people should stop claiming their own opinion to be waterproof.