View Single Post
Old 2009-12-14, 07:17   Link #257
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
Myne was just a simple reasoning to defend the "Kanon is dead. is actually someone else besides the Kanon that we know." idea; since Kanon may not refer to our Kanon.

Remember it's a work-name. Maybe work names may be passed down from other servants who has worked on the island before. Or maybe Kanon was actually the first servant who worked there (his real name was Kanon), and the servants recieve the names like ranks.

Anyway, I don't have strong theories that proves who might have been the dead Kanon actually is, I'm only suggesting Kanon is dead is not the Kanon that we know, since it is not his real name.

Actually, on the VN character portraits, these are the following descriptions of Shannon & Kanon;

Shannon's:
Furthermore, "Shannon" is a pseudonym strictly used during work, and is not her real name.

Kanon's:
There are several other servants who have "on" (音) in their pseudonym. That day, he and Shannon just happened to be on duty.
Translations by Witch Hunt
Now, what could the "several other servants" mean? Are they the ones working on Rokkenjima, or are they the ones that are from the orphanage?
And what is exactly meant by "that day" in Kanon's portrait?
I'm not going to argue back due to spoilers, but I really hate theories which go "Oh when Beatrice refers to Shannon she really means a Shannon in America who died recently" or some such bull. Theories which attempt to twist the red to suit their own ends irritate me, as it opens a door where we can remodel the red to suit us however we like, and thus makes it completely useless in the process.
And if the wordgame is what I think you're referring to, that's a completely different thing from "Kanon is dead" or "Shannon is dead."