View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 06:03   Link #2177
Dr. Akagi

Quote:
Incorrect, Bern and Erika strive to win. Just like Erika, Bern likes to show she is intellectually superior and they both don't care what measures are taken to win this game. Lambdadelta has been said to be the one who sides with the side that is currently losing to keep the game going.
You are mistaken by just taking into account the fear of boredom witches have. Bern does hate being bored but she has stated several times that she wanted to speed this game up.
True that. Thanks for saving me time typing.

That's why I can understand Bern trying to frame someone (whether it's Natushi or Krauss) at the last moment out of desperation to win (to prove her intellectual superiority), but that by itself isn't proof enough she is an evil bitch bent on framing innocent people for her entertainment. That is oversimplifying things imho.

And that was basically my point all along. Bern/Erika may be accused of a certain intellectual laziness or of lack of integrity, but at this point in the story it is unfair to judge them as acting out of an outright malice.

Death and its implications as viewed by the Umineko No Naku Koro Ni characters.

Last edited by Dr. Akagi; 2010-01-15 at 06:14.