Thread: Rappi Rangai
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-19, 14:48   Link #33
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think you are misunderstanding something, he is making himself a large princess harem and has now 3-4 I think? up too scanned chapters and when the final battle between him and his enemy i think that all the princesses that he meets will play there own role and then ones the manga is about too end each of the princesses will fight for the role of being his wife lol.
I understand that, but in my opinion in a harem manga the girls are always close to the male lead. They stay by his side, travel alongside him and every girl gets the same amount of character development. But here they appear out of nowhere and three or four chapters later they are already gone. Of course you can say, that he's building a harem of princesses, but this doesn't make it a harem manga in my opinion. It lacks the constant interaction between the girls and the interaction between the male lead and his "harem". Like I said, the only girl that is always by his side and really loves him is Kagari and she is even an important factor for the main plot. Lord Seigan is interested in her and even some drama is foreshadowed ("In the end you (Kagari) will scream my (Lord Seigan) name").

I'm pretty sure, that the princesses will reappear in later chapters, but, like you said, only to support Raizo fighting against Lord Seigan. And this fight will be some kind of rescue mission for Kagari.

Last edited by Silaqui; 2010-01-19 at 20:59.
Silaqui is offline   Reply With Quote