View Single Post
Old 2010-01-27, 15:03   Link #2323
Knicknevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee View Post
This is one possible explanation:
Gohda, under whatever circumstances, eventually figured out that Shannon was indeed the mastermind, so he plots to kill her in revenge for Natsuhi. George comes to her defense, but Shannon isn't a skilled fighter (maybe), so it's basically a one-on-one battle, and Gohda somehow defeats them both. He searches Shannon's body and finds the stakes. Then he realizes that he is guilty of murder. So to protect his honor, he dirties the door with the blood of his opponents, locks the door, lays out the stakes, and then falls on the last stake to his death.

I might be close, I might be far off. Any ideas?
Hmm... in that case, the marks on the door must have been there before they even entered. Well, it's probably the safest assumption anyway, but Genji's obliviousness to the marks makes me think of the theory I've seen once or twice suggesting he's colorblind (or maybe just blind, or close to it). And that hole in Shannon's head is pretty big... so big the stake couldn't even stay put in it (presumably... we don't actually know if she was staked in the first place). I had forgotten Gohda was face down as well.

Well... 'hidden places' are denied with the red, but that isn't a direct denial of someone being hidden. Still, your theory puts Gohda back on the very short list of possible suspects.

... What bothers me most is that the killer not only faithfully carried out the twilights, they also knew which twilights to carry out- the fourth through sixth. Even though Nanjo and Kumasawa were purportedly already dead, the killer in the bedroom knew they were staked according to the seventh and eighth... Further, if the one who killed those two was outside the bedroom, he or she knew Gohda had carried out the fourth through sixth.

Genji claimed that 'last time he saw the corpses' (I'm taking that to mean when they supposedly died in the servants quarters) the stakes weren't there. Though that could easily be a lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee View Post
Maybe I missed it. Did the big mirror actually break? I mean, was it necessarily the big mirror rather than the small mirror?

If it was the big mirror, then it means that there was likely a huge scuffle in the room, as opposed to a clean assasination.
Rereading that scene... it wasn't exactly made clear. Battler wonders if Shannon 'saw her own face in the end, in that horribly broken mirror stained with blood'. I've been assuming it was talking about the mirror that's above the dresser, but maybe it's referring to Natsuhi's little mirror.

Hrm. Maybe it's not significant after all.