View Single Post
Old 2004-08-21, 12:49   Link #201
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
Quote:
Saru only made it a point of stopping the 4th being summoned coz not only would it be hard fighting two Hokages, imagine fighting three.
Eh, there seems a little more to it than that. Sarutobi saw the names on the coffins coming up, he knew clearly the final one would be Yondaime, and made it a point to stop that coffin "no matter what." That seems a little more to me than just "fighting two is easier than three." Don't get me wrong, what you're saying is also true, but Sarutobi's voice and his words seem to imply he especially must stop the 3rd summon, not just because it would be fighting against three, but he would be fighting against the strength of Yondaime.

Quote:
The 4th couldn't be very stronger than Oro or there wouldn't have been any question for the next Hokage, as the 3rd said Oro was rejected because he's twisted, not because he was weaker.
Well, Anko didn't seem to think there would be a problem "if only he were here" in dealing with Orochimaru. When that comparison (for choosing hokage was made), Yondaime was what, a good 12-15 years younger than Orochimaru? Early twenties at the latest? I think that speaks a pretty good bit about his genius and ability for him to even be in the league of the sannin, much less "slightly stronger."

I agree that Sarutobi was probably the strongest in his prime. Iruka said this explicitly, and Orochimaru of course called him the 'god of the shinobi.' I do think however, had Yondaime had time to enter his prime, he would've surpassed the 3rd. I mean, by his early twenties he had created arguably the ultimate jutsu in Naruto (Shiki Fuujin) and the Rasengan. Not to mention he had an incredible chakra capacity (summoned Gamabunta), and great sealing ability. (Jiraiya remarked how precise the Kyuubi's seal was, wheras he could tell immediately the roughness of Orochimaru's seal). Unfortunatley, since his life was cut short, we won't ever know his true strength unless Kishimoto delves into his past.
Macbrother is offline   Reply With Quote