View Single Post
Old 2010-02-21, 18:55   Link #1517
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Also means good online multiplayer, I hope?
I'm for it so long as it does a good job punishing people who disconnect in the middle of play. Something like "not being allowed to use the network for N number of hours for each disconnect" perhaps, which if the player has a real problem with either bandwidth or latency, will also give him time to fix that problem.

Let's see how things go in, say, Spring of 2011, though. If Bandai Namco does the usual unlocking with this game, news (excl. those just wishing) about any port won't likely be out till 4-6 months after release. Confirming a PS3 port should happen then as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
With the way Bandai Namco likes to rip money off of people's hands I'm really worried that they might pull an asshole move and take out some of the suits that were in GVGN, and have an incomplete roster for ExtremeVS. They've done this with Naruto before so it's highly possible, since this isn't just an upgrade of the same engine but a build-from-scratch game on a new hardware.
I think that this may depend on other things like "number of fields available", "type of fields (like how destructible they are)", "single-player mode", and so on. If it'll be on the PS3, I would hope that the animation of the "special" moves like MS-specific combos and the texture maps are both better as well, and those could take up more space than people would like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Aside from that let's hope it isn't JUST a graphical upgrade but also bring some kind of new gameplay mechanic. The Next Dash was a welcome addition, let's hope they keep that and add something else. Maybe some kind of customization? Or a new rendition of the cost system that allows slight customization to an MS's weapons before the match?
Ack. No... Bandai Namco ruined (IMHO) GCB by making it too customizable. Maybe only letting the player choose the animation of his MS's combo, but keeping the damage it does the same...

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!

Last edited by LynnieS; 2010-02-21 at 19:07.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote